Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pork and Kimchee casserole


225g boneless pork chop (must have a bit of fat) 
400g kimchee 
3 cups beef stock (I used Japanese katsuo dashi from Daiso, add water become instant stock) 

Marinate for pork 
½ t instant stock 
¼ t crushed garlic 
Salt 
Ground chili pepper (must get from Korean supermarket, keep in fridge) 

340g tofu 
4 dried mushrooms, soaked in water 
1 green onion 
3 T salad oil 
1 stalk of thick green onion 

1. Slice pork into 0.5cm, cut kimchee into 0.3cm. 
2. In a pan over medium heatin hot oil, cook and stir pork. 
3. when the meat is nearly done, stir in drained Kimchee. Reserve the Kimchee liquid 
4. stir in liquid and continue to cook, add beef stock, bring to a boil, remove from heat. 
5. In a shallow saucepan arrange cut up toufu, mushrooms and sliced green onion. 
6. Add (4) and heat, when toufu begins to shake, can off fire. 

This is from the book. 



Mine is short cut, I marinate the pork one day in advance, than I fry it with oil, after they are done, I will put the meat in the pot with the Kimchee and other ingredients and let them boil until I feel the toufu is done. I also don’t use beef stock, too leh che, I use instant dashi stock, very fast. 
This is quite a big pot of casserole, so do be prepared.


by TCS1

No comments:

Post a Comment